VPT's vacuum process technology is used in two critical, state-of-the-art, medical systems. In digital X-ray detectors and in the application of a unique radio-opaque, bio-compatible coating to stents. This allows the stent to be visualized on X-ray equipment while being oriented inside the patient’s body
Many of the World's most successful health care and life science companies trust their process and equipment to VPT. From Development systems on the cutting edge of new technology, to high volume production equipment, you can find VPT systems installed throughout the medical and life science industries. Here are just two examples of two very differnt and exciting state-ofthe-art medical systems that depend on VPT technology.
The first grows an X-ray scintillator coating onto amorphous silicon flat panels that are used inside digital X-ray detectors. These panels are, in fact, the enabling technology inside diagnostic medical imaging and radiation therapy equipment made by the world’s largest medical equipment manufacturers.
The second health care application is a system that applies a unique radio-opaque, bio-compatible coating to stents. This allows the stent to be visualized on X-ray equipment while being oriented inside the patient’s body. Developed in partnership with Isoflux Biomed, VPT’s system dramatically improves doctors’ ability to precisely guide the stent, which makes for faster procedures and better outcomes.
• Digital X-rays
• X-ray scintillator coating that converts X-rays to visible light
• Stent coatings
• Radio-opaque, bio-compatible coatings
• Laser surgery coatings
• Lasik laser coatings for beam direction and focusing
• Medical instrumentation are made on VPT coaters
• Blood analysis
• DNA sequencing
• Laser treatment optics (like skin treatment, tattoo removal, psoriasis treatment)
• Anesthesia gas monitoring
• Fluorescence instrumentation
• Optics for ophthalmic applications
Coating types include:
• Dielectric coatings
• Conductive coatings
• Metallic coatings
• Radio-opaque coatings
• Hard coatings
• Glass, fused silica, etc.
• IR materials, Germanium, Sapphire, ZnSe, etc
• Metals, including diamond-turned surfaces and foils
• Replicated optics
• Mirror coatings: High Reflectivity (High R), enhanced and protected metal mirrors, hot mirrors, cold mirrors, beam splitters
• Optical Filters: bandpass, shortpass, longpass, narrow bandpass, wideband, notch, neutral density, laser line filters, blocking filters
• Anti-reflection coatings